Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Looking For Camera Mount

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Mr Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I am looking for a camera mount for a buddies Si. I remember seeing a somewhat universal camera mount that mounted to the head rest of our cars but I can't find it. If anyone knows where I could get one or instructions to biuld one that would be great. Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Max Psi GSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 1999
    Posts
    860
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know what your talking about.....

    From what i remember, its not brain surgery. I think a piece of boxed aluminum was used as the main part, with misc. rubber washers here and there to quieten/dampen the vibration. Also, i recall that if the "arm" is too long, the camera will vibrate more. So, try and make the arm as short as possible while still allowing a good view.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah. I made one for myself.

    Ingredients:

    4' length of 1" square boxed aluminum.
    1' clear plastic tubing, 1/2" ID
    3 sets of bolt/washer/nut/washer, 1/4"
    Camera mount. $20 or so at a camera store.

    I'll post the rest later. I'm installing software.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NE_Hatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2000
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Javin you could just get a harness bar and a I/O port racing camera mount which will work very good... If you want any more info give me a call.
    cm mount

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CivicR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 1999
    Posts
    901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know the camera mount you are talking about [img]smile.gif[/img] ...I was the one who designed it [img]smile.gif[/img] ...my plans are here on the Hybrid website...have fun

    http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/contri...ountintro.html

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 31, 2002 08:40 AM: Message edited by: CivicR ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Mr Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks guys, I will jsut wait for the rest of the list/description. He will be happy that this is a cheap set up. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •